Friday, December 21, 2007

My Winter Duties


Haven't been on the blog for a few days (not sure anyway if anyone is reading it) because it's snowed about 2 1/2 feet the last three days so I paint in the morning until it gets light and then my snow routine starts. I clear snow off the tarp of the 1963 Starcraft cuddy cabin cruiser I have parked below and then hit the snow blower while Peg gets to her shovel duties. Wednesday night was particularly tough. It just kept snowing and by Thursday morning we had another 15 inches in the driveway. Sooner or later we were going to run out of the essential supplies, milk, beer and wine coolers, so it was time to break out. Believe me, this is excercise. Meanwhile I'm intermittantly working on what I call a "crazy painting" using lots of color and texture. Usually these don't turn out very well but this one has a certain panache. I'll show it to you soon.

No comments: