Monday, December 10, 2007

Clyde Aspevig-Crane Lake


I think every painter has heroes and their work and eventual style is influenced by those individuals so I decided to reveal one of mine. This is simply a copy of a striking landscape by Clyde Aspevig, a Montana landscape painter who is simply grand. Somehow he captures values and contrast that provides drama in his paintings. I did ok but was more hesitant in my values. It shows but I think we need to at least strive to come as close as we can to those greater artists we admire. Otherwise we just aren't trying hard enough. Also, I thought I should put something other than a wildlife painting on here for you to see. You'll never see this landscape for sale as it would be unethical to pass the idea of someone else off as my own.

No comments: