Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mallard Duck


My second duck for the gallery, another 9x12. I kind of like this one too and wanted to face it the other way in case they wanted to show them together. Obviously ducks with color are more interesting than those that are sort of bland looking although I think the more drab type of duck would be ok in a larger landscape. I think these are turning out pretty well for a guy who hasn't painted a duck in 20 years. I remember my first attempt was kind of pitiful. Anyway, we're waiting for our first big snow storm which is supposed to come today so we'll see how hard it is to get to the gallery. Before I forget, we received an e-mail from a promoter for the Winter Carnival and they would like me to exhibit at a lodge in McCall during the festival. So far I said yes. It's one of those wine and art events so maybe the guests will be in the mood to buy art.

No comments: