Thursday, December 6, 2007

Interior Scene


While I was at it I thought you might like to see what I mentioned. I hope this is a fairly good picture. Basically you just paint a reasonable distant landscape scene on your painting support (board, canvas, etc.) and then frame it in with tape (not duct tape). I used to use masking tape but it doesn't give the sharp edges that blue painting tape gives. That's the tape you buy in the paint section at Home Depot or wherever. Interior scenes are very different because you have to imagine the light coming in and the feeling looking out. I highlighted the woodwork a couple times and then glazed it a few times with burnt umber until it looked like it does.

I promised myself I wasn't going to give boomer advice on this blog but some of it is too valuable to resist. Hey guys...if you think women are still attracted to you and you want to save some money on cologne just use Degree deoderant...it's smells better than something expensive and lasts for awhile if you get lucky. Also, don't think your heels are as soft as a baby. My wife Peg says mine wear holes in the sheets at the bottom of the bed so once in awhile just put some lotion on them after a shower. You don't have to tell anyone and it might make your socks last longer too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might be on to something with these interior scenes, with the landscape through the window. I don't remember seeing many of these. Has a nice feeling to it.
M