Monday, November 12, 2007

Let's Call It A "Hobby"

You need something to do when work no longer consumes your time. It's best if that something is relatively inexpensive and you can do it on your own. So, let's call it a "hobby". Obviously it can be a multitude of things and nothing is out of consideration. You are only limited by your inability to take the risk that you might try something at which you might fail.
I chose painting, specifically acrylic landscapes and wildlife, and the pursuit of this particular art form has never failed me and I will talk about that in this blog. Along the way I also became interested in making knives rather than just buying them. It is amazingly gratifying and there are excellent sources for materials just as there are for creating art.
These are just my current "hobbies" and I'm sure I'll pick up more along the way.Tell me about your hobby or ask me how to get started on mine.

No comments: