Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's Cold Outside

Only 15 degrees so I'm down in The Cave finishing one of my more unique paintings. It started as a painting of a cove in Maine in 1977 and then I thought it was good. I was busy with other things then...moving to Colorado and thinking about being a dad in spring of 78. So basically I hurried my paintings. Somehow I never threw this one away and when it surfaced the other day I thought I could make it better. I did and now I like it. Interesting..now I've got a painting that spans the last 30 years, 77-07. Am thinking about spending a little time in the unheated garage today because that's where the belt sander lives. Obviously can't use it inside The Cave but at these temperatures I'm thinking about it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you have found something to occupy your time while waiting for the next family gathering.

I will be a regular reader - this will be my hobby since I have no other talent to speak of.

Marsha

Anonymous said...

good to know you finished a painting in 30 years...hopefully the next will take half as long. As for hobbies...ours include chasing our little crumb-snatchers.

Tom and Chris S.