Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oil Painting


Not something I usually do because most of my work is acrylic but it's always a bit fun to work with different materials. Guess I got the idea after my brother recently visited. These are actually water soluable oil paints but I just used them right out of the tube. I believe oils are richer in color than acrylics and it's certainly an advantage that they stay workable longer but where do you stack a bunch of wet paintings in the cave? It's a smaller painting of Mt Moran in the Tetons. So now I'm back to acrylics and working on a couple of wolves. I'm not a wolf hugger by any means but they are interesting to paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like the theme of looking at something through a window, would suggest continuing to work this theme.
M